Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lower back.

I got a suggestion to write a blog about the lower part of the back - more precisely about lower back pains. A while ago a friend of mine told me how he was experiencing strange sensations and discomfort in his lower back. We did a little research and found out it was due to him sitting around all the time. He sits at home studying, he sits at college listening to professors, he sits at the computer, he sits in the car if he has to go somewhere and so on and so on... Always sitting. So the most logical explanation to his issue is to exercise.

Image source: http://www.homehealthcompanies.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/lower-back-pain-low.jpg

We roamed around online trying to find good exercises and a nice program for him to stick to due to his lack of time. So after a few hours of research we made a set of lower ab exercises and of lower back exercises for him to do. Very easy exercising, nothing too hard. But problem is that he didn't have the time (nor will probably) to do the least of the exercise and he started to take painkillers.

So we talked again and we realized it's best for him to walk fast for short periods of time. The legs activate the lower back area engaging the muscles to contract-expand (may not be the correct terms which I'm using, just writing it down from my memory). But then another problem emerged. If he walks fast everywhere, he'll be sweaty all the time... So the last thing we concluded together is that he should walk fast when he's going to the dorms. That way he can sweat and stink in his place and not outside. :)

The conclusion to this all: If you have some lower back pains try walking fast for a while (do it perhaps 15 minutes per day) and try to lower your time spent sitting. Be more active.

6 comments:

  1. Really helpful info- my back feels so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog man! I love to write about health and fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I should do something with myself too. I gained 4 kilos in last month. Time to do some workout:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should probably do some back exercises myself, I'm having back pains lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very useful infos thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting info. Sometimes I get lower back pains also, gonna try the walk fast to see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete