Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Green tea!

I thought of starting up my blogging with a healthy drink which I really like and appreciate - green tea! How is that connected to students? It's very available (you can buy it anywhere ranging from your local supermarket or pharmacy) and very cheap. So you can save your limited college funds by drinking this. But that's not all...


Image source: http://www.coolhealthtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/green-tea.jpg

Why should you drink it? The right question should be "Why not?". Green tea is very healthy, so far there have been scientific research and work done on it, questioning its therapeutic effects and it is concluded that it helps your immune system, helps you lose weight, regulates heart pressure, has a lot of vitamin C and so on and so on...

You can prepare it very easy. Just take a cup of water, heat it up until boiling point, pour it over the tea, wait a few minutes, dispose the tea and there you have it! It's also tasty and more beneficial to you unlike some other teas (example: sweet strawberry tea). You can add sugar, lemon or honey to your liking.

I drink it almost daily, every morning or somewhere during the day. It's my substitute for coffee since I'm a former caffeine "addict" if you can call it like that. I used to drink 2-3 coffees in the morning and one or two energy drinks in the afternoon so I could focus better on my studies. Needless to say it had an effect on me, a bad effect. I was nervous, jumpy and had a feeling of being stressed out. I remember one time falling asleep in the afternoon and my roommate was just walking around the room and it woke me up. His footsteps woke me up. I was really alert all the time. My sleep schedule was also messed up due to the excessive coffee and energy drinks...

So why should we drink green tea: it's a good substitute for coffee, it's available and cheap so your student budget is safe, easy to make, tasty and most importantly it's very very very healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment