Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hangover cures 1/2

All the partying left you worn out? You don’t feel that good in the morning? Hangover? Before we skip to the solutions, let’s try to understand the problem. After drinking a lot of alcohol, you will feel bad later on. I have found this illustration, somewhere online a few months ago, which explains how alcohol impacts your body. 


Enlarge the picture for the detailed information and for the credits.

Here are some of the solutions I got out of personal experience. Out of these, I didn’t only use one solution, though I am an avid user of the others. Here they are:
1. Water – Get re-hydrated. Alcohol drains the liquid out of your body, so try to up the intake of it. Don’t overdo it, or you might not get enough sleep.
2. Magnesium – Take some magnesium pills and put them in a glass of water then drink. Alcohol depletes your body of valuable Mg which leaves you feeling drowsy in the morning, so taking Mg again will contribute to you feeling better.
3. Gatorade – A lot of my friends drink it after a night out, I tried it once, didn’t really do it again.
4. Food – My usual method is after I’m done with drinking to go eat and drink water. Though the effects of food on your hangover are questionable (you might just throw up after you eat) but eating while you are drinking is a different story. That way the alcohol intake is slowed down.
5. Beer - Now for this I am not sure. Some friends do this... They wake up hungover and then take another drink, claiming they feel better. I did it once and still didn't feel better, I think it just prolonges the alcohol "high" duration.

This is all for the hangover cures part 1. Join up in part 2. If you have any personal experience or recommendations write them in the comments section or send me a message, I'll include them in the next post with credits to you. Take care!

5 comments:

  1. Cream Soada - aka Dr. Green. nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops, I meant Soda not Soada :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article about this :D i also heard you need to eat fatter meals to get over faster. Don't know if it works...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beer experience worked for me... though i think anything cold would do... if the drink is pretty cold it just gives me a well-being sensation and i don't feel that hangover... nice article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always take some Aspirin and Vitamin C tabs. Or just don't drink too much :) +followed

    ReplyDelete